Search The World!

Amazon

Amazon
Like FAST AND FREE 2-Day Shipping? Try Amazon Prime FREE for 30 Days by Clicking This Link Right Here! Thanks for your support! :)

Friday, May 25, 2012

Bad Booking’s Blog 1 Year Down Post

I can’t believe it’s been a year already.

Approximately one year ago, this blog was hatched out of desperation.

Unemployment is a bitch people.

A hairy, ugly, slanted, depressing bitch.

Make a wish. Take a bite!”

At that point, I was accruing debt quickly.  While I was putting in applications everywhere I could, nothing was coming through. Call back after call back, all I got was either, “We’ll be with you shortly,” or, “Sorry you’re not qualified for this position.”

Depression was quickly setting in. One thing did save me as I had imagination and wanted to write stuff.

Thus this blog was born.

Originally just that, a way to cure depression, it’s primary purpose was supposed to be an eclectic mix of odds and ends making for entertaining pieces.

Top ten song lists on the likes of ‘Weird Al’ and Billy Joel were what got me the most views at first.

That initial ‘Weird Al’ bitty was popular enough where the album reviews were spun off. Heck, I even made a sub-page for them on the top!

Another piece that got attention early was the Blu-ray guide. Thought up because of a forum I frequent, BD (as in short for Blu-ray Disc) is still a confusing medium. The purpose of that dialogue was to educate people on the format without going over their heads. While I know I screwed up on some things and corrected most of them, it is refreshing to post that piece somewhere and a person appreciates your effort.

Speaking of appreciation, this is what leads me to wrestling, namely the WWE.

After starting a badly botched ‘Challenge’ page, there were posts made about various topics like the TV content, a certain wrestler becoming #1 in the PWI list, and multiple countdowns on matches of different varieties/eras.

The traffic really started to racket much to my surprise. I was lucky to get 10 views in a week, but now its upwards of 200 views a week consistently, with spikes not withstanding. Now you know why I steered so swiftly off the original path.

Speaking of spikes (no not the horrible channel), two pieces in particular really got people reading.

A post made on WWE’s PG actually spread to other forums, and they got them debating. What’s more affirming is that people read it, and realized it wasn’t the same old only-complaints that had been the norm for quite some time. A refreshing view on things is always appreciated, and that was my goal. Some counterpoints notwithstanding, mission accomplished!

Also, a countdown list I made on the best 1990’s matches made some people water. Apparently every match was agreeable to a point, and it was the second post to reach individually over 1,000 unique views (after the PG one).

Lately however, my creative juices have been slowed due to steady high production at work. It’s not so much that I get home late every night (to be honest I get home late 2 days a week and early 3 days), but I throw myself so hard at what I do that sometimes this blog will be getting dust while I try to recover and do the grind again.

Even with infrequent posts, I’m happy that this blog still gets regular visits, and I’m still getting comments on things I forgot I wrote about! It’s cool to think with a keyboard and an imagination, you could potentially influence one’s view on a subject. Even on a rant, it’s easy to see people agreeing or disagreeing depending on bias or affiliation.

It’s been a blast over the last year, and it’s been a blessing in disguise. There’s been a lot of words written, a lot of different topics discussed, and a lot of different opinions on certain ideas. In the end, it’s a great thing about a blog: at least people are reading. I also want to thank Freakin’ Awesome Network for giving me consistent traffic and talkback in the last year!

Speaking of reading: If you are a Twitter follower, please follow the following:

@Marks4Life, @HeymanHustle, @SteveAustinBSR, @JRSBBQ, @CMPunk, @BadBooking

 


Speaking of my next blog topic…

No comments:

Post a Comment